My kiddos

My kiddos

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

We'll miss you Grandpa Al

It has been a whirlwind few days for us this past week. Dave, the kids and I were headed to Redmond for our vacation when I got the call that my grandpa wasn't going to make it through the day. He had been doing a lot better since his surgery at OHSU, but then all of the sudden his body just started to shut down. I got to the hospital where everyone had gathered to say goodbye. We all gathered in his room and as the pastor prayed, he slipped away to be with Jesus. I love you Grandpa!


After spending a night in Dallas, I got to meet up with Dave and the kids in Redmond to spend some vacation time, and now we're back in Dallas to help with funeral arrangements. I wanted to post a link to the obituary for anyone interested. I know some of you live far away and may want to read it. Lots of love to everyone, and we did take some fun pictures both in Redmond with Mark, Thuy and Lucas, and in Lincoln City with the Winters fam. Pictures to come soon! Here's the link for Al Schmidt's obituary:

http://legacy.com/statesmanjournal/Obituaries.asp?Page=Lifestory&PersonId=126647696

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!