My kiddos

My kiddos

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Detroit Lake

We had a great trip to Detroit Lake! Swimming, fishing, dance revolution, hiking and of course, eating :) Of course, lots of funny and interesting things happened, and like always, there's always a Ben story- here it is...

Shortly after arriving at the lake, my sister Alicia announced to some of the kids that she wanted to get lots of great pictures while we were there. She threw out a little bribe, mostly joking, that she would even give them some money if they would throw some smiles her way. They laughed and took off in all directions, ready for a fun time of swimming, fishing, hiking and air hockey.

Well, three days came and went and we left the lake tired, dirty and sunburned..but very happy. We stopped at a Sonic restaurant to eat before all the families went there separate ways. As we said our goodbye's, my sister Alicia bent down to give Benjamin a hug.

Alicia:" I love you buddy, I had so much fun this weekend!"
Ben: "I love you, too. Now can I have my money?"
This kid calls you on it every time :)


Here are some pics of our time at the lake.

Family picture!

Dave fishing

Charlie helping Kate walk across the dam

Me and Kate

The boys (both young and old :)) loved to catch fish!

Nana and Katie

Austin, Emma and Jackson ready to swim

Emma's fish!

Ben's fish!

My sister Crystal and Me at Detroit Dam

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!