My kiddos

My kiddos

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Memorial Day

We drove down to Dallas Memorial weekend to make our trip up to the cemetary. The Avenue of Flags always takes your breath away, and always humbles me every time. I am so very thankful for those that have served selflessly for all of us! It's such a wonderful day to remember those that have gone before us, talk about good memories, and sometimes cry.
  Emma was able to join my mom and grandma this year helping clean off the gravestones, arrange flowers and do some watering. She was such a great helper. Here are a few pictures:

Here is Emma standing next to my dad's flag!

And thanks to Dave Winters, we got this fabulous picture :)

We always end our time at the cemetery remembering Papa Don and Grandpa GG.. Ben and Jackson were taking a moment to think about their grandpa...