My kiddos

My kiddos

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

For the love of corn

Kate hasn't been feeling very good the last couple of days, and pretty much has refused all food. So when she came up to me this afternoon and said, "Snack please", I jumped all over it. I opened the freezer and showed her a popcicle. She shook her head no. I grabbed the graham crackers. "No" she said. Fish crackers? "No tanks". Yogurt? "No". So, then I stoop to pulling out a sugar cookie. Maybe that's what she wants. I show her the cookie. "No cookie". Ok, now I'm frustrated. So I lift her up, set her on the counter and say, "Show mommy what you want." She grabs a can of corn and smiles HUGE. "Want this!" Ummmm.. I opened it, heated it up, and she ate the whole can.. I would have never guessed that a can of corn trumps a homemade sugar cookie...