My kiddos

My kiddos

Thursday, October 23, 2008

The results of our garden

I realized that we never took any pictures of our garden in full bloom this year, but I do have a picture of what our freezer looks like now... We had a great year with our garden, and the kids had a lot of fun helping with the picking, tasting, and "monitoring" of the growth :) Now our freezer is jam-packed with corn on the cob, raspberries, tomatoes, zucchini, rhubarb, tomatillos (and tomatillo salsa), onion, blackberries (from my moms) and lots of raspberry and strawberry jam. We also got lots of lettuce, carrots, eggplant, and of course, pumpkins. Anyway, heres a few pictures of our hard work ..We already have big plans for next year...well, Dave does at least :)


Here's Emma and Benjamin with all the pumpkins they grew in the garden...

I can help, mom....

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I am SO impressed!!! Way to go Hughes clan!! Can't wait to see how you're going to outdo yourself next year! Emma and Benjamin-the pumpkins look awesome!! You guys did a GREAT job! Ben-I LOVE the carharts! :) Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!