My kiddos

My kiddos

Monday, December 19, 2011

You just never know

Like every other mom out there, I worry about what my kids are saying when they're away from us. It's not like they're bad, but they are kids, and you never know what will come out of there mouths. They basically have no filter, just pure innocence. Like the time I thought it would be cool to wear this pastel striped sweater that had been in the closet for a few months. When I came walking down the hallway Emma (then about 2 1/2) stared at me wide-eyed and said, "Wow, big rainbow coming". Yeah, awesome. Then there was the time at Ikea with my sister when Emma announced, "Wow, your teeth are such a pretty shade of yellow". I could just die... Or the poor teenager with a really bad sunburn and  Ben pointed and said, "Why did God make that boy red?" Oh man...
  Case in point: Last week I dropped Ben off at school and his teacher caught me in the hallway. She was trying not to laugh, and I thought, "Uh oh, what did he say this time?". So she goes on to tell me that yesterday at story time Ben seemed lost in thought. After the story was over she asked if anybody had questions. Ben raised his hand and asked, "Mrs. Weaver, why do I fart?" Well, needless to say, he caught her off guard. She tried to explain how God made us a certain way, and thats just part of it. He raised his hand again. "But sometimes I fart and I don't even have to go poop at all". Well, she said at this point she tried to change the subject, but he was obviously concerned about it, so maybe I could explain the rest to him? Awesome, I would love to. And I apologized for my son's extreme interest in all things related to gas. So, you never know, folks, what my kids will talk to you about...thats fair warning....