My kiddos

My kiddos

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Fancy


    We’re borrowing my mom’s car for the week. She had surgery on her leg so no driving allowed for her. Needless to say, the kids were VERY excited to get to ride in her car. For some reason, this ranks right up there with Disneyland and the Ice Cream truck on a hot summer day- it’s just “SO awesome”.
    The day after I got back from my mom’s, the kids couldn’t wait to go for a drive. Being that it was Saturday and I was tired, we finally got around to leaving the house in the afternoon. I told the kids to get ready and we’d go to the library.
    Five minutes later Katie, Ben and I were waiting in the driveway. No sign of Emma. I opened the door and yelled, “Are you coming?”
    “Just a minute, I’m just finishing up my outfit!” She yelled back.
    Oh, my…the jeans and t-shirt she had on 5 minutes ago looked fine to me. A few minutes later she came walking out- jeggings, long sparkly shirt, high heels, puffy scarf, glittery hat, bracelets and a couple purses.
I just smiled and said, “What was wrong with your other outfit- you know we’re just going to the library, right?”
    “Mom”, she said as she walked past me, “It might be ok to wear comfy clothes in the suburban, but in Nana’s car it’s better to look fancy.” She clicked her way to the passenger side and heaved her purses in.
Apparently I never got this memo….