My kiddos

My kiddos

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Old Soul


The kids and I were joking around in the car about reading each other’s minds. Then, the conversation turned towards predicting the future. What do we see in our future? Emma was having a blast with this and said, “Katie, guess what I see in you future?”
Katie: “What?”
Emma: “Chocolate!”
Katie: “Yeah!”
Emma: “Mom, guess what I see in your future?”
Me: “What?”
Emma: “A wedgie!”
Me: (laughing pretty hard) “It better not be from you!”
Ben was pretty quiet through this whole conversation. He was just looking out the window. Emma said, “What do you see in your future, Ben?”
Ben: “I see Hope.”
Me: “You mean you hope you don’t get a wedgie?” This made Emma laugh really hard.
Ben: “No, some people don’t have any hope. But I do, I have hope in the future.
Silence….. I realized he wasn’t joking around. I swear sometimes this kid was born with an old soul…