My kiddos

My kiddos

Monday, March 25, 2013

Tale of Two Cities

I woke up this morning with a simple phrase going through my head- "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.." Of course we know this famous sentence as the opening line of A Tale of Two Cities. I haven't read this classic since high school, but the words have stuck with me. Sometimes life feels exactly like this, and the last few weeks have not been an exception. They have been.....interesting. Hard. Emotional. Tiring. And it some ways Wonderful. All of these things combined. Some moments seem like the best times of our life. Others seem like the worst. But that, my friends, is this wonderful ride we're on called LIFE. All of our experiences (both the peaks and the valleys), our day-to-day routines, and the good, the bad and the ugly things that happen our shaping our lives. Building our character. Strengthening or weakening us.
Who is it shaping us into? And who are we turning to for our strength?
Dave and I have been worried about family situations- but God is in control. I know He is. I'm putting my hope in HIM. He is with us through our best times and our worst times, we just need to stop trying to do it ourselves, and take the leap into His loving arms- He's waiting to catch us....