My kiddos

My kiddos

Sunday, April 21, 2013

A couple of Katie stories


Katie: (Standing right by my feet as I was making her dinner) : “Are you thinking what I’m thinking mom?”
Me: “I don’t know, what are you thinking?”
Katie: “I’m thinking that I want candy corns for dinner.”
Me: “No, I wasn’t thinking that at all. Sorry.”
Katie: “Then I don’t want dinner.”


     Katie was helping me make homemade cookies today. I was measuring stuff and she was dumping it in the bowl. Simultaneously I was also making dinner, which I would highly NOT recommend EVER. So, I was a little distracted and frazzled, but we were having fun anyway.
     We had just dumped in the flour and turned on the mixer. I turned my back for a couple minutes to check dinner and that’s when I heard a thump-thump-thumping sound coming from the Kitchenade. I turned and Katie was looking at me with a panicked look and the bowl was doing it’s own little crazy dance.
     “What did you do?” I asked while I quickly turned off the mixer.
      She looked into the bowl, and then touched my face with her butter-covered hands and said, “Please don’t be mad at me, Mama Bird.”
      I wasn’t mad. How could I be mad when she calls me Mama Bird with flour streaks across her face and chocolate chip lips? I investigated the dough and fished out a plastic spoon and measuring cup. I think they’ve seen better days.
       That’s just how it goes when you choose to bake with a 3 year old- Never turn your back on them…