My kiddos

My kiddos

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Bad day


So Ben had a ROUGH day yesterday..I think he spent 1/4 of the day in time out and maybe the other waking hours very close to going in time-out.. As I was putting him to bed as patiently as I could, I said, "Buddy, go to sleep and let's start all over tommorrow, and try to be nice, ok?" He didn't say anything. I didn't think he was listening. I was frustrated.
This morning as I was puttering around the kitchen he came out all crazy haired carrying his puppy and wrapped his arms around my legs. I lifted him up and he put his hands on my face and said, "Mom, when I'm all grown up I will still come and sit on the couch with you and watch whatever movies you want."
Well, I don't pretend to understand his train of thought, but I'll take it. The boy gives me gray hairs but I know without a doubt he'll always be there for me...