My kiddos

My kiddos

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Never a dull moment


My mom called to ask the kids how their first day of school went. She asked Ben lots of questions, and in typical Ben fashion, he wasn’t giving a lot of information.
Then she asked, “Well, who did you sit by?” Long pause..
“Ummm..I have no idea who I sat by. I didn’t look to the sides of me either way.” He said.
   Apparently he was looking straight ahead all day not making eye contact with anyone.

I asked Emma what kind of ice cream she wanted for movie night- cookie dough or peppermint. She has ALWAYS loved cookie dough. She thought about it, and then said, “I’m becoming too grown-up to eat cookie dough ice cream, I think I’m old enough to eat peppermint now that I’m in third grade.”


Me: “Ben, Daddy’s out front hanging up the rope swing for you and Emma.”
Ben: (jumping down from his bunk bed) “Really? Awesome! I’m outta here like a soda can!”
Me: “Huh?”
Ben: (yelling while running down the hall) “You know, how when you shake a soda can the pop comes out really fast! That’s me!”
     I REALLY truly wish I got that excited about little things like this…

“Mom, I’m gonna be outside practicing my flips off of the rope swing- but don’t worry, I’ll be wearing my helmet.” - Ben Hughes