My kiddos

My kiddos

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Is it time for school yet?


   Yesterday Emma and Ben were fighting over EVERYTHING. They fought over the tooth paste, the remote control, who got a bigger cookie, who got more ice cubes in their drink, who had to feed the dog, who had to sit by Katie at dinner (they did resolve this by actually sitting next to each other in order to avoid ‘Messy Kate‘) and who got to be the judge on their game show. I could go on and on.
    Emma's patience came to an end as we were driving in the car. Ben apparently kicked her seat one to many times. She lost it. She screamed, “I have had to be with Ben ALL summer and I just need a break from him! He’s driving me crazy!” Then the tears came. Sobs, really. I could sympathize.
   I looked at Ben in the rearview mirror thinking it maybe hurt his feelings. He was just staring out the window. The he said, “I think Emma needs a nap.” Yeah, that went over really good, too. Is it Wednesday yet?

The next morning I found this sign on her door. I guess she was being proactive...