My kiddos

My kiddos

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Miss Kate

** Breaking News**
Katie is potty trained!!! I could NOT be more thrilled about this! NO MORE DIAPERS in our house! We actually tried to start potty training her last summer, but she was SO stubborn and freaked out by it, we just backed off- she wasn't ready. And then 3 weeks ago we tried again. After a couple days of accidents, she figured it out- and hasn't looked back. She's even been waking me up at night to go potty- awesome!!!
Here a a few stories about her:

Katie would not help pick up her toys yesterday, so I told her to go sit on time-out. She stood there staring at me so I said again, in a very stern voice- “Go sit on time out right now.”
The tears welled up in her eyes and she said, “Mommy, don’t talk frustrated at me, because I’m beautiful.”
Oh, boy….

Katie yelled from the other room, “Mom, I want some juice!”
I peeked around the corner and said, “Is that how we ask for juice?”
She paused and then said, “Oh. Sorry. I want some juice right now!”
I love 3 year olds. Most of the time.

At the library today Katie made a new friend. I watched from the other side of the room as a little boy walked up to her and said, “You want to be friends and read together?” She said “Sure!” and they sat down to look at a book about pumpkins. I love how it’s so easy to make friends when you’re little and don’t have any insecurities yet- wish it was that easy for us adults..
Anyway, about 5 minutes later she came running up to me and told me she had to go #2 really bad. “Ok, lets go.” I said.
She ran back over to the little boy and told him very seriously (and loudly), “I have to go poop right now but when I come back we can still be friends.”
He hardly glanced up from the book and said, “Ok.”
The next time I meet someone new, maybe I should skip the boring pleasantries and just tell them I have to poop but still want to be friends…it worked well for Kate…

She's pretty amazing, but I'm biased...