My kiddos

My kiddos

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

What's been going on with Miss Emma?


Emma wants a cell phone pretty bad. And since THAT’S not going to happen for a LONG time, we let her download a free app on her Ipod that let’s her text those that WE say she can text J Dave and my mom helped her get it set up yesterday. It’s not a cell phone by any means, but she thinks it’s pretty darn cool.
When we got back last night, Emma asked, “Hey mom, can you sit with me at the kitchen table?” I thought maybe she wanted me to keep her company while she finished her homework, so I said “Sure!”
We sat down, she whipped out her Ipod, and said, “Awesome, now we can sit and text each other!”
“You mean instead of TALKING to each other?” I asked.
“We do that all the time”, she replied, “this is WAY more fun!”
I’m hoping the novelty will wear off- I got a text from her at 9:30 later that night that asked if I could bring her some ice water….starting to wonder what we’ve done…

She also just finished her first basketball season! She had a great time, and improved sooo much! She went from crying in the middle of the first practice, to actually dribbling and passing in games! Here are a few pics from the season:




AND, Emma got to go to her very first DANCE! And she had the best date of all- her dad! Dave took Emma to the father-daughter dance at her school, and they had a great time...good memories for them :)

Life is good for this spunky 3rd grader of ours!