My kiddos

My kiddos

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Seriously?


As I was finishing up my 2.5 minute shower at 11:00am (you heard me right), I heard a blood-curdling scream. I was sure it was Katie and that I would soon be headed to the ER in nothing but a towel. Turns out it was Ben, and he came running down the hall holding his finger like it had been cut off. I feared the worst. The sobs were uncontrollable. I braced myself for something gross. As I pulled his hand away all I could make out was a tiny prick of blood. "What's wrong?" I yelled above all the hysteria (and yes, there was still soap in my hair). He caught his breath just long enough to scream, "Katie scratched me with her huge giant claw!" I looked down the hall and there was Katie peaking around the corner with apparently 10 razorsharp fingernails. OH MY WORD. Could we get more dramatic? As I put a bandaid over the dot of blood, I gently reminded him that his little sister is all of 2 feet tall and 1/2 his weight. And when he wasn't looking I did trim her nails...