My kiddos

My kiddos

Thursday, March 22, 2012

You know you need it mom


   Well, even amidst the chaos that has been the last 3 days, I can’t help but pause and share another proud mommy moment with you. I can’t think of a better way to put this so I’ll just say it: We’ve been trying to teach Ben how to wipe himself (ya’ll know what I mean so I’m not explaining any further). This TOTALLY grosses him out, which is pretty bizarro to me (I mean, really? You don’t think it grosses ME out??) So, in an effort to ease him into this harsh reality, we decided that we would help him in the morning (when he apparently can’t do it without gagging), and then he would have to do it himself in the afternoon.
 This afternoon he came running up to me and said,
 “Mom, I gotta go #2 so bad!”
  So I told him to go. Himself. Alone.
  He says to me, “Mom, I’ll give you a quarter if you come help me. I have the money in my room.”
  I just laughed and said, “Go for crying out loud!”
  So a few minutes later I hear him calling from the bathroom, “I AM DONE!”
  I yelled back, “You do it yourself!”
Then he yells back, “Come on, you know you need that money!”
Again, I couldn’t be prouder right about now…..