My kiddos

My kiddos

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Damaged Pride


   Yesterday morning my sister Alicia and I were sipping coffee and attempting to have a conversation. It’s a little difficult when you have requests for juice or to come watch a dance show every 5 minutes. But, we were doing our best. Soon, we had the kids all doing crafts at the table so we could get some talking done.
   Out of nowhere Emma looks up from her coloring and says, “Mom, you are really lucky to have a mom that is so creative and good at crafts.” Hmmmm.. Ouch.. That must mean I’m NOT creative, right? Well, as I’m processing that juicy piece of info, the legs of the chair I’m sitting on TOTALLY break- you heard me right. The chair BROKE. It felt like slow motion. I heard the crack, felt myself going backwards, coffee cup and all. Hmmm.. Alicia witnessed the whole thing and can verify every moment.
   So, here’s my list of things to do tomorrow:
1. Only eat grapefruit and go run 15 miles
2. Learn to crochet a hat and color IN the lines
3. Go buy a new kitchen chair
P.S. I have not seen my sister laugh that hard in a long time ….