My kiddos

My kiddos

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Talking crazy


    This morning I was determined to get a shower in before 10am. Ben was busy playing some kind of war/army/airplane game in his room, so I put on Barbie Mariposa for Katie to watch. I set out all her high heels and crowns so she could dance to the music.
    15 minutes later I came out of the bathroom to see Katie playing on my bed with Little Pony’s. So I headed to Ben’s room to see how many army guys had survived the attack of the medieval horses. He wasn’t there.  I walked down the hall and peeked around the corner and there he was, sprawled out watching the Barbie movie.
    I said, “Hey, buddy, you done playing your game?”
   He jumped up like he needed to make a run for it. He says to me (while shrugging his shoulders) “I was running out here to find my other guy and I tripped on Kate’s toy and fell. I couldn’t even get up because my leg hurt. I wasn’t even watching this movie.”
   I just said, “It’s ok if you want to watch it, it’s a good movie.”
  “I DEFINITELY don’t want to watch it “ (he says to me with his eyes glued on the TV.)
   “Well, someday your wife will be glad that you put up with girly movies like this”. I said.
   He turned and stomped out of the room and said, “Now you’re just talking crazy.”