My kiddos

My kiddos

Saturday, April 7, 2012

A night with Kate


   Two nights ago most everyone in our house was sound asleep. Even the dog. I was tired, and had just sat down to bask in the quiet for a few minutes. The problem was, a cute little wild-haired girl was peeking around the corner at me. With a big smile on her face. Usually, this would be a problem, and I would be taking big deep breaths to stay calm. But, she hasn’t felt good in so long that this made me smile. I motioned for her to come on out and she did her happy skip run and bounced up on the couch. We watched Bubble Guppies and Dora, we played with Squinkies and Pet Shop, we ate Ice cream and went outside to look at the moon. She reorganized the sippy cup drawer 3 times.
    At 11:30 pm even her cuteness couldn’t stop me from getting sleepy. I told her she had to go to bed. “No mommy, dance with Kate”, she says and grabbed my hands. People, I wanted to go to bed SOOOO bad. I didn’t even want to get up off the couch. And I admit that I groaned a little bit on the inside. But, we turned on a Disney Princess CD, and started to dance. When I spun her around she giggled until she could hardly breathe, and it was the best sound in the world.
   Going to bed at 1am isn’t super cool. But having a baby girl that feels better is AWESOME, and I am gonna soak up every minute!