My kiddos

My kiddos

Thursday, June 6, 2013

A couple quotes from Kate the great

While walking through Sears last night, we passed a beautiful patio set complete with umbrella and a string of lights. Katie squealed with delight and said, “Oh, mommy, this is where I’m going to have my next birthday party! Please? Can I?”
Do you think Sears would mind if we rented out their patio set next to the escalators? It would make Katie really happy.

Me: “Kate, you need to go brush your teeth.”
Kate: “No thanks, I’m pretty bored of doing that.”

"Thank you God that I'm so pretty."-Katie Hughes


Ben and Katie were busy coloring at the table this morning while I sipped my coffee. This was our conversation:
Ben: “Wow, mom! Look at those eyeballs that Katie drew!”
Me: “I know, she’s getting a lot better- she practices a lot.:
Ben: “No she definitely learned it from me. I’ve pretty much been awesome at art projects my whole entire life.”
Katie (looking at Ben with awe and wonder) : “You are a really good drawer Ben.”
Ben: “Well, I’ve been drawing for 6 years and you’ve only been drawing for 3 years. So you’ll get better too.”
Katie: “Yeah!”
He better cherish these moments when his little sister thinks he’s amazing and can do nothing wrong…