My kiddos

My kiddos

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Baseball pictures

Ben has had a fun year of baseball, and only has a couple games left! He played Pee-Wee baseball this year, on a coach pitch team. He has improved so much this season..Here's a few pictures and then of course, I have to share a story....









The Friday night before Mother's Day Ben had a game. He struck out his first time up to bat. He shook it off and spent the next few minutes playing right field. When it was almost his turn to bat again, he came over to grab a quick drink of water. I jokingly said, "Hey, why don't you get an awesome hit this time for me for Mothers Day?" He stared me down and then said seriously, "OK, I will." 
He walked back over and when it was his turn, he grabbed the biggest bat he could find. When he walked out to the plate the coach even said, "Ben, that bat is pretty big, maybe you should go get the black and yellow one- it's smaller." He just stood there with a look of determination. The kid wasn't changing his mind. 
The coach pitched the ball to Ben, and I am not kidding you- he cranked that ball into left field, his best hit of the season. Happy Mothers Day to me!  Here he is running to third, pretty happy with his hit, and probably happy that he didn't have to buy me anything!!