My kiddos

My kiddos

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Confession


   Confession: I don’t put the lids back on containers. There, I said it. Don’t get me wrong, sometimes I remember, but I’m notorious for this problem. Let me clarify a little more- my intentions are usually good. The lid might be ON it, but it’s the tightening part I have a really hard time with.
   My family can testify to this, they lived with me for 19 years. (I’m also known for spilling stuff, but that’s a whole other story in itself). Unfortunately for my husband, when he said “For richer or poorer, in sickness and in health”, he had no idea this also included “I’ll love you even when you leave the lid open on the coffee creamer 5 days in a row”. Luckily this is my ONLY weakness (ha!).
   EVERY SINGLE TIME I go to use the baby powder it puffs up in my face. How hard is it to twist the lid shut? Every time I go on a trip my perfume leaks on my clothes. If you go to get a baby wipe the top one is ALWAYS dry. I quit using the same container of mouthwash as Dave because I know it was driving him insane. And don’t even get me started on bubbles- I never remember to put the lid back on those babies.
    I cannot COUNT the number of times Dave has gone to get creamer, shook it, and was promptly sprayed with hazelnut yumminess. The kids have not been immune to it either. Just yesterday I handed Katie a sippy cup of milk and it ran all down the front of her shirt. Yep, the lid was loose. Have you ever seen how far baby butt cream can shoot when you step on it with the lid off? Pretty far.
    Dave and I have reached some sort of unspoken agreement on this issue, I know it drives him CRAZY. Seriously, I know it does. But, I think he tries to be patient with me for two reasons. He LOVES me, and he knows that his HUGE pile of clothes that accumulate on the floor drive me crazy. We work past it.
    But 2 days ago, as we’re sitting down to dinner, he went to get some cranberry juice. He shook it a little, and juice went everywhere. The room went silent. He stood there I think taking big deep breaths. I’m not to sure because I walked out of the room really fast. We both cleaned it up in silence. Nothing was said, and we moved on. I think I’ll go tackle the pile of clothes on the bedroom floor now- and check the lids before he gets home..