My kiddos

My kiddos

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Special breakfast


This morning after we dropped Emma off at school Ben decided to open a hair salon. I really wanted to drink coffee and have breakfast, but apparently I had an appointment to get my hair looking “more like a woman” (his words). So, he did my hair very carefully and charged me 2 dollars (he said I could pay him whenever I get the money- he’s so considerate). Then, Katie needed a diaper change, the phone was ringing, and soon it was 9:30 and I still didn’t have coffee or breakfast and my hair looked like the bride of Frankenstein.
   So, I said, “I’m jumping in the shower and then I really HAVE to eat some breakfast so I don’t get GRUMPY!” Half-way through my shower Ben comes in to tell me he and Katie made me some breakfast so I could relax. Uh-oh. I could tell he was pretty proud of himself. He says, “We’re waiting for you out in the kitchen with your special treat!”
   Waiting for me on the counter was a cup layered with Fruit loops, a crushed up deviled egg, coconut flakes, a broken ganola bar, rainbow sprinkles, some shredded cheese and chocolate chips. People, I really enjoy food, but I’m not sure anyone could stomach that. Unfortunately, the deviled egg seemed to have touched every single piece of food- they must have mixed it all up. They were both smiling at me and Ben said, “We really hope you enjoy it!”
    I’m thinking of giving them some payback at lunchtime…..
Oh, here's a pic of the scrumptious breakfast bowl..