My kiddos

My kiddos

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Slug Bug game


   Emma and Ben usually get along pretty well, especially for a brother and sister. But, they also know EXACTLY how to push each other’s buttons, and lately they have been just picking at each other ALL THE TIME. For some reason, this happens the most in the car. They fight over the window seat, which music to listen to, who stared at who first, who crossed over the “invisible” line and touched the others one’s leg, who gets to give Katie a cheezit, Ben claiming Emma’s Barbie is staring at him, Emma claiming Ben’s kicking her seat on PURPOSE. I could go on and on.
  So today on our way home from church, they start playing the slug bug game, which in our family never seems to have a happy ending no matter how many rules there are. By the fourth slug bug citing, tempers were already flaring up. So, I yelled in my scary mommy voice, “NO MORE SLUG BUG GAME- EVER….we’re done with it!”
  This was followed by 5 seconds of silence. Then Emma mumbled, “But mom..” I said, “No butts! The next person that yells out slug bug is going on time-out when we get home!”
   Again, more silence. Then Ben says, “What if I just think it in my head? Will I get in trouble for that?”
   I say, “Ben, just don’t even think about slug bugs anymore- you need an intervention!”
   So, we continue driving. Then Emma yells, “Mom, Ben is totally getting slug bugs in his head! I can see him smiling when they go by!” OH. MY. WORD. God send me some extra patience today…..