My kiddos

My kiddos

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Monsters


At 4am this morning I was nudged (not to gently) awake by the little boy of the house. He stood by the bed with crocodile tears in his eyes. “I had a bad dream” he said and climbed up to snuggle with me.
“What was it about?” I mumbled.
He said, “There were these HUGE monsters and they came into our house.”
“Wow, that’s scary, what did they do?” I asked (fully expecting to hear they chased us, or took Katie, or burned our house down- something to that extent)
 He grabbed my face and with one little tear escaping he said, “It was so awful. They came into the house and took BOTH our TV’s.” And with that, he buried his face in the pillow.
Wow, I’m thinking he needs a break from electronics for awhile…and once again, I need some more coffee…