My kiddos

My kiddos

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Magic


Yesterday Emma and Ben decided to put on a little magic show for me. They’ve done this MANY times before, so I asked if it was going to be “new material or the same trick of making Katie disappear under a blanket?”. Apparently it was brand new, amazing, super cool tricks they JUST learned. So, I sat down to be amazed.
   Emma went first and put a dollar bill into a cup and covered it with a towel. “Now, I will make the money disappear!”, she said while waving her arms around. Then she says, “Now, close your eyes really tight!” Hmmm..(don’t you just LOVE magic tricks that require you to close your eyes?) When I opened them, the money was REALLY gone. Amazing.
   Then Ben said, “It’s my turn!” He goes over to the sink, fills a cup with water, and sets it on the table. Then, he goes and gets a washcloth from the drawer. Hmmm..I am very curious. He holds the towel over the cup and says, “I will make this towel change right before your eyes!” He then proceeds to dunk it in the water, pull it out, and drip all over the floor. “Ta-da!”, he says smiling, “I made it go from dry to wet!”
   I couldn’t have been prouder at this moment… I clapped and tried not to laugh, but when Emma said, “Maybe I’ll do magic tricks at the talent show at school”, I couldn’t contain my smile any longer. I said, “That might be fun, but maybe you should really refine your newfound hobby before presenting it to the whole world.” She agreed. Thank the Good Lord...