My kiddos

My kiddos

Monday, November 19, 2012

Curious George and Smarties


   I was putting Katie down for a nap yesterday, and she was NOT happy. The tears were flowing, and I could see a temper tantrum in my future. I sat her on the edge of the bed and said, “Do you see how tired you are? That’s why you need to sleep.”
   She shook her head and cried, “I don’t want to sleep! I want to watch Curious George and eat Smarties!”      She threw herself down on the bed.
   Oh, geez…Like THAT was gonna happen.
  “You can watch curious George when you wake up. But no smarties.” I said.
   She sat up and rubbed my face. “Please mommy, one pack of smarties.” The eyes are killing me. Had to make my exit fast. I laid her down and covered her with blankets.
   “Go to sleep, we have a big day ahead of us,” I said.
   She struggled to sit up again and pleaded, “But mommy, I only have a little day ahead for me.” Then she stuck her lip out.
I    made it to the hallway before I busted up laughing. I swear, kids are too smart for their own good sometimes.