My kiddos

My kiddos

Monday, November 19, 2012

Practice Shower


   The night before my sister Crystal’s baby shower, I was trying to explain to Ben why he couldn’t stay for the party.
“There’s gonna be LOTS of women there at the shower, and absolutely NO boys. You wouldn’t like it at all. That’s why Uncle JD is coming to get you so you can hang out with the guys.” I explained.
There was a few seconds of silence. Then, from the backseat he says in a serious voice, “So, are you all gonna see each other’s butts?”
Another second of silence as I try to process this juicy bit of info.
I said, “Excuse me? What did you just say?“ My sister Alicia is cracking up now in the passenger seat.
“You know, when you’re all in the shower. Will you see each other’s butts?” he said.
Now I’m trying not to laugh. “Buddy, this isn’t a REAL shower!”
“Oh, so it’s just a practice shower?” He was obviously perplexed.
Hmmmm… “No, it just means that we’re showering Auntie Crystal with presents- not taking a real shower!”
“Oh, I get it now!” He seemed relieved and quickly moved on to talking about something else.
Poor kid. I’m a tad concerned that he’s spent the last 2 weeks thinking that 30 women were going to be taking a shower together at this party. And come to think of it, a tad concerned that he wanted to come in the first place…