My kiddos

My kiddos

Monday, November 19, 2012

Wish list


   Usually I avoid the toy aisles at all cost. It’s just not worth the drama that inevitably comes from strolling through them with 3 kids. But today, I thought it might be fun to do a walk-through and get an idea of what the kids might want for Christmas.
   And surprisingly, they totally got into it without any temper tantrums. All 3 thought it was a blast to point out what they wanted on their Christmas list. (Quick DISCLAIMER: Don’t go out and do this just because I said it worked. Believe me, it could have been the biggest mistake of my life.)
   We had gone through the boy aisles, and were now smack dab in the middle of  Barbie and Littlest Pet Shoppe Heaven. Every few seconds I would hear a loud GASP, a muffled scream, a high pitched squeak with stomping of the feet. Emma was seriously dancing in the aisle as she pointed to everything she wanted to put on her list.
   “Oh my gosh mom this is THE Barbie jetboat I saw on commercial!”, “Oh man look at this SUPER cool Barbie that takes pictures! “Oh my word, seriously! I’ve wanted this my whole life!.” You get the picture. This went on and on.
   I stood there as she pointed to one thing after the other.
   “I know I’m not gonna get all this stuff, but I want to have lots of options,” she said seriously. I agreed that was probably a good idea. Then she let out another squeal, “A Barbie pool! I LOVE IT!” Then she turned to me and said, “Mom, I’m thinking that I’ll just put aisle E9 at Target on my list. That would be so much easier!”
   Now THAT’S thinking outside the box people….