My kiddos

My kiddos

Monday, November 5, 2012

The flu part 1


First of all, I want to say thank you SO MUCH for all the birthday wishes! I am very blessed to have such amazing family and friends!
The good news about my birthday was this: I was with my favorite 4 people, Dave made chocolate chip mint pie, and he surprised me with a really cool present (more on that later).
Bad news: About 1pm on Halloween I was blindsided by the flu. Every. Single. Part. of my body hurts. Even my eyelids. I barely made it through trick or treating, and have been down for the count 4 days now. Luckily Dave has stepped up to the plate- what a guy..
I encourage you to try these scenarios the next time you have the flu:
*1- Let a 2 year old crawl all over you while you’re trying to sleep, patting your face hard and saying, “It’s OK, sleep mommy, sleep” over and over again. It’s VERY relaxing.
*2- Cleaning poop up off the floor while your head is pounding and your husband is gagging. It’s kinda like a scene from a low budget horror film.
*3- Contract the flu the DAY AFTER Halloween. It helps teach survival skills when you have to try and relax in a house that just got 3 huge buckets of candy the day before. It’s not loud AT ALL…I think it should be the next episode of Man vs. Wild.
*4-have Bubble Guppies playing in the background for hours on end- it’s soothing to the aching body and tired mind.
Start with that- if I can survive this, so can you..
Oh, and side note. While I was writing this, Ben came up to me and said, “Accidents happen, right mommy?” I don’t even want to know. He says it will probably make me mad, so I’m going to curl back up in my blanket and not care right now. That’s the good things about the flu- it dulls your senses..