My kiddos

My kiddos

Monday, November 19, 2012

The poor house


     The kids and I were playing the game Headbands. It’s basically like 20 questions but in reverse. You have an animal, food or object card strapped to your head so everyone else can see it but you. Then you ask yes or no questions to everyone else playing and see if you can guess what’s on your card. They LOVE this game, probably because of the bright blue headbands we all have to wear.
    So, it was my turn and I knew it was an object, but I was stumped.
    “Is it big?” I asked.
    “NO!” they all giggled.
    “Is it something people use?” I asked.
   “Oh yeah..all the time!!” they all said.
   This went on and on for some time. Right before my time was up I said, “Do mommy and daddy have it?”
    “NO!” They all shook their heads. Hmmmm…
   “Do we have any in the house?”
   “No way-hardly ever,” was their response. Time was up.
    I reached up and grabbed the card off my forehead and turned it over. It was a picture of money. Cold hard cash.
Interesting. I guess they’ve heard me say, “We don’t have any money to buy that” one too many times….