My kiddos

My kiddos

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Be quiet mom...


Today as Ben and I were running errands, we were busy playing the Animal Thinking Game. I was pretty into it, I couldn’t figure out what Ben’s secret animal was. We were stopped at a stoplight and I was mid-sentence when he said, “Be quiet a minute mom”. I was just about ready to tell him that he sounded kinda rude when he said, “I need to pray for that man over there. He has no leg.” I was humbled right away and I said, “Ok, buddy, go ahead.”
   His prayer went something like this: “Jesus, help that man not to be sad. Help him to have friends and be happy. Help him to grow a new leg or get money for a fake leg. Amen”. As I looked back at him in the rearview mirror he had big crocodile tears in his eyes as he watched the man cross in front of us. I said, “That was nice buddy.” Then he just said, “I hope I could be that brave.” It was quiet for a couple minutes.
   And then just like that the moment was over. He went back to playing the game, and acting silly.  God, help me to take time to pray every chance I get, and not miss these moments because I am just too busy to listen….