My kiddos

My kiddos

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Businessman


Yesterday Emma helped make dinner and she made a fruit salad all by herself. It was awesome and she was so proud!  So today, Ben was super excited to be in charge of the salad. He spent about an hour gathering ingredients from our garden (snap peas, tomatoes, blueberries, and strawberries, cucumber). Then he washed them, and with Dave’s help, they diced it all up. As I made the rest of the dinner, he carefully split it into 5 bowls and lined them up. He was pretty quiet during this whole process.
About 10 minutes later I said, “Ben, dinner’s ready so go ahead and put the salad’s on the table”
He quickly said, “Well, I’m actually charging for these salads, so……”
“So, we have to pay to eat the salad?” Dave said.
“Just a dollar per salad” he said shrugging his shoulders.
I just love being charged for food that I already paid for once. I guess we have a budding entrepreneur on our hands….