My kiddos

My kiddos

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

The mystery of the disappearing eggs


    One of Ben’s daily chores is getting the chicken eggs and bringing them into the house. He’s been doing this for almost a year now, but lately we’ve noticed something strange. On a good week, we get about 12-14 eggs. But as of late, only about 8 actually make it to the kitchen fridge. Hmmm… So, last week I sent Emma with him to collect the eggs. Sure enough, he came in holding only one. “What is going on with the eggs?” I asked him.
    Emma said, “Ben dropped one- again!”
   “Ben, we have to be careful with the eggs, buddy.”
   “I am careful” he said with determination.
    Then Emma says, “No you weren’t, you were throwing them up in the air and catching them!”
 Ben just shrugged and said, “Well, I try to be very careful when I throw them up in the air… it’s the catching part that’s hard..”