My kiddos

My kiddos

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Happy 4th of July (a little late) !


4th of July seems like AGES ago now, but I never put anything on here! We had a great family day, just hanging out together. We have one kid that LOVES fireworks, and two that HATE them :) So, we have to find a compromise.. We made it through, though, and everyone had a good time!




Dave and I took the kids to see Madagascar 3. It was the first movie Katie has ever been too, so we were REALLY excited too see what she thought about the whole theater experience. Well, after eating half a pound of whoppers  and popcorn during the previews, she zonked out with buttery hands and a chocolate streaked face. She MAYBE saw 2 minutes of the movie- maybe.  She only woke up again when we got up to leave.
    As we’re walking out to the car, her sleepy eyes squinting tight from the sun, she says, “That was a really good movie, I like it mommy.” She was happy as can be.
  So, I learned a few things:
1. Thank God that 2 year olds are free at Regal Cinemas
2. Sometimes Chocolate doesn’t hype kids up, it brings on narcolepsy.
3. It is possible to pass a sleeping kid back and forth across the seats for potty