My kiddos

My kiddos

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Katie Lady


    Last night around 2am I was awakened by a very upset 2 year old. Kate was crying uncontrollably, and I couldn’t figure out what was wrong. I changed her diaper, I asked if she was thirsty, I even told her she could come out to the couch and sleep with me. NOTHING was working. She was crying so hard I couldn’t understand what she was saying. I sat on her bed and sang to her until she calmed down a little. I asked her “Why are you crying? What’s wrong?”.
   She looked at me with tears coming down and in between sobs she said, “I don’t like these jammies. I wanted my Ariel jammies.” Then the crying started again.
   OH MY WORD. Apparently she has a Diva deep inside of her. But because I love her so much, I scrounged through mounds of laundry at 2:30 in the morning, and successfully found Ariel pajamas still sticky with syrup- she was so happy, and instantly fell asleep. I’m telling you, people, they don’t make enough manuals for this gig.

    And another...

    Today at naptime Kate was NOT interested in going to sleep. That’s nothing new.. I told her I would sing her some songs and she requested Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. So, I sang it all the way through and then smiled down at her. I said “How was that?” She just smiled and said, “Sorry, mom, you don’t get to go to Vegas”. Then she started laughing really hard. 
   I’m thinking we need to stop DVR’ing America’s Got Talent….