My kiddos

My kiddos

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Dramatic


   We called the kids in from playing outside to start getting ready for bed. Ben was whining and moping, and after he fed the chickens and got pajamas on he came and asked me if he could go back outside. I shook my head.
 “No, it’s time for bed.”
  He immediately fell to the floor and the tears started rolling down . “But, mom”, he pleaded, “I have been waiting to do this one thing outside since the day I was born! And now you won’t even let me do it!” Big pitiful groans followed.
 “Wow, buddy, that’s intense.. Since the day you were born? What is this thing that’s so important?” I asked him.
  “It’s a running course with cones and jump ropes and lots of cool stuff.” He whimpered.
  “How were you planning to do that on the day you were born? That would be kinda hard..” I pondered. He stood up and thought about that one for a few seconds.
  “Well…maybe I’ve only wanted to do it since I turned three.. but it’s super important to me!” Then he flails himself down on the couch again.
     I’m thinking 3 hours of Vacation Bible School and 5 hours at a friends house has left this kid a tad bit dramatic tonight…