My kiddos

My kiddos

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Boys Boys


Yesterday Emma and Ben wanted to conduct a science experiment. I said, “Have at it.” They filled bottles with water and LOTS of food coloring, and some random other stuff including dirt and pebbles. Then they decided they wanted to freeze them to see what happened.
So today, obviously, it was frozen solid. Ben kinda looked at it and said, “Now what are we supposed to do with it?” Knowing that I needed him to be BUSY while I cooked dinner, I told him to go out back and see if he could use his superhuman powers to bust that bad boy open.
Wow- if you need to keep a 5 ½ year old boy busy let him wack at a frozen water bottle with a baseball bat- he loved every minute of it. After an hour, he successfully crushed that thing to shreds, found the pebbles, and was sweaty and very proud of himself. I also got dinner cooked. Hmmm…I think all the boy needs for Christmas this year is bottled water and rocks…..