My kiddos

My kiddos

Friday, August 31, 2012

Get out of jail free?


Last night Ben and Katie were playing some sort of cops and robbers game. I guess Kate was the bad guy because she was constantly being taken to “jail”. Pretty soon Ben came out and said, “Kate’s locked in the bedroom.” I assumed it was part of the game so I said, “Oh, bummer..”
   He kinda stood there for a minute then said, “No, I can’t get the door open. She’s stuck in there.” Hmmm..
  How’d she lock the door?” Dave asked.
  “Well, I locked it and then shut the door. I just wasn’t using my brain I guess.” He said.
  As Operation “Free Katie” commenced, Emma got very nervous. “What if we never get her out?” She nervously asked.
  “Don’t worry Emma, daddy will just bust down that door if he has to.” Ben said enthusiastically. He seemed excited about the whole thing, and apparently had already forgotten he was in big trouble.
  While Dave tried to open the door from inside, I went around the house to see if our bedroom window was unlocked. I was starting to wonder if she was scared, or maybe sitting by the door crying. I couldn’t have been more wrong. There she was, bouncing on the bed, throwing pillows around and turning the lights on-off-on-off-on-off…Could not have cared less. I’m guessing she was enjoying the time she had all to herself.
P.s.- we did get her out….and the new “jail” is now in a room with no lock (I know, takes all the fun out of it).