My kiddos

My kiddos

Friday, August 31, 2012

Dreams...


This morning Ben was acting a little standoff-ish. He was just sitting up on his top bunk looking a little sad. I finally went in and asked him what was wrong.
   “Hey Bud, don’t you want to come out and watch cartoons?” He just shook his head. “Are you sick?” He just shook his head no. “Well, what’s wrong?”
   He looked me in the eye and said sadly, “You were very mean to me in my dream last night. It made me sad.”
   “Sorry, buddy. Dreams aren’t real, right?” He nodded. “So, how was I mean?”
   He scooted over a little closer to me, warming up again, I guess. “Well, we went out to eat at a restaurant and you told all of us we could have dessert if we ate all our healthy food. So I ate all my stuff, and then I wanted a cake pop and you said NO! You only let me get chocolate milk and I was so sad.”
   Wow- the boy loves him some dessert…. Hope he recovers from this at some point.